A Hanthana School Lab will consist of the following items
- 6 Desktop PCs (minimum) 1 server, 5 clients
- Working Network (100mbps unmanaged Ethernet switch + cables)
- Electrical Wiring
- Printer *
- Whiteboard *
- P4 with Hyper threading Processor (minimum)
- 2GB RAM (minimum)
- L20GB HDD
- 100mbps full duplex Network card x 2
- P4 Processor (minimum)
- 256 MB RAM (minimum)
- LCD Monitor
- 100mbps full duplex Network card
The system configuration will change as per market availability and the sponsorship. For example, we wont refuse to buy Core i5 if it fits on our budget. But we are always concerned about both the quality and the quantity.
* Provided only depending on if these Items were donated or not. The printer given will be a Dot-matrix Printer: Since most of the school cannot manage the cost of toners (11,000LKR)
Multimedia Projector will be donated only if the sponsor agrees. We prefer to donate the Multimedia Projector after an assessment.
As you know an ICT teacher (trained) is a mandatory requirement. We always confirm this with officials of the respective education zone before starting a new project. Education Office is responsible to assign a permanent teacher. We will help by conducting workshops and seminars depending on our capacity.